Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our Little Miracle

Emmalyn Grace Schuldt has finally arrived!

I don't know why baby girl, but 40 weeks apparently wasn't enough for you.  Mom and I thought you were going to come about 10 days ago.  We went to the hospital and everything.  Mom was having contractions 2-3 minutes apart for over 12 hours!  We walked tons of stairs and stayed overnight in the hospital but I guess you just weren't ready to grace us with your presence.

Your due date, August 21st came and went.  Mom went to the doctor on the 23rd and they asked if she wanted to be induced the next day.  She said yes, of course!  So, we went to the hospital and they started mom on the pitocin.  By noon she was at 5 cm and out you came just a few hours later!  Mom was so brave and did such a great job in delivery.  I did my best standing at her side.  I was there for her epidural and I held one of her legs while she pushed.

I've never experienced anything so surreal in my life.  One second mom was pushing and the next you were out and being tossed on her belly, umbilical cord and all as the nurse said, "hold your baby!".  In that instant, our lives were forever changed.  The baby that I had been hoping for and dreaming of my entire life was finally here.  God had answered my prayers when I asked every single day that you be healthy.  There you were, my little miracle.

1 Samuel 1: 27-28
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.  So now I give [her] to the Lord.  For [her] whole life [she] will be given over to the Lord.  

Psalm 127:3
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord;
The fruit of the womb is a reward

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Amen.  We're so thankful.  And our lives are forever changed.

And isn't it funny; you look just like me.  We think you have my chin, my lips, my nose and definitely my cheeks (they're oh so squeezable).  Mom and I literally have not been able to take our eyes off you.

So let's see what you look like!

Emmalyn Grace Schuldt
Born: August 24, 2011, 4:40 pm
Length: 19.9 inches
Weight 7 lb 8.6 oz
















To all our friends and family,

Thank you for your love and support throughout our pregnancy.  Thank you for your prayers that God would give us a healthy and happy baby girl.  If you're willing, I'd love for your all to submit a comment on this post to Emmalyn.  I'm going to print this blog one day for her as a gift and I'd love for her to see the love that we all have for her.  Share anything you like - your favorite Bible verses would also be greatly appreciated.  She's God's and we're giving her to Him from day one!

Love,
Steven

2 comments:

  1. It is so good to finally see you, Baby Girl! You have so many cousins who cannot wait to meet you and play with you! I know that your life will be a blessing to us all!!

    With Love,
    Kristen, Alex, and Breanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world, beautiful Emma. I know you will be surrounded by so much love from family and friends. We pray that you always know the love of God, and all that he has for you. Blessings on your wonderful family. :)Alicia & Blase.

    ReplyDelete