Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting So Big

Baby girl,

It feels so good to finally have time to sit down and write you again.  I've spent a ton of time editing pictures the last few days too.  I hope you enjoy seeing how much you're changing.  

You are now over three months old -- it's hard to believe.  Overall, you're a very happy and healthy baby.  I weighed you on our scale a couple of days ago.  You were 14 pounds, which puts you around the 75% percentile for your age.  

Words cannot describe how much you brighten all of my moments.  You're just like you're Daddy -- I couldn't stop you from smiling if I tried.  It absolutely melts my heart when I see that huge, mouth-wide-open smile the first time you see me in the morning or when I come home from work.  

We've been trying pretty diligently the last week to get you on a good sleep schedule.  You really love hanging out with Mom and Dad, which is fun, but very tiring.  You used to go to sleep around midnight but we've been trying to get you down around 8:00.  While you seem to be taking to it ok, you definitely don't like sleeping in your crib.  We're still working on it, but the time is coming when you might have to start crying it out a little.  I hope it doesn't get to that point.  

Mom is done with school until after New Years so she gets to stay home with you every day!  She found a trick that makes you laugh hysterically every time.  Her gorilla noises earn the cutest little faces and giggles I've ever seen.  Austin is really falling in love with you too.  He's a great helper and you really seem to love him too.  He likes to keep you company when we're busy cleaning or cooking.  

I'll be finishing my last two classes in about a week (Woohoo!).  Things will be pretty busy for the next couple of months because then it'll be thesis time...  But, it will all be over soon and hopefully I'll be done with school forever!  

I'm sorry that I haven't written as much as I'd like.  When you have a baby, it's hard to image how little free time you actually get.  Needless to say, my life will never be the same again; but I wouldn't trade more free time, the ability  to go out, or anything in the world for you.  You truly are one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  Thank God I'm in school and have the ability to be home almost five full days a week.  And doubly thank God that there are no deployments coming any time soon!  I'm going to continue to cherish all of these precious moments I get with you because I know I'll never have another opportunity like this in the future.  

Anyway, enough gushing from Daddy.  Here's a ton of pictures from last month to bring you up to speed!  Love you always,

Daddy


We had to resort to gentian violet to try to get rid of your thrush.  I think we spent about 40 minutes trying to scrub it off your face after nursing.  You also had to be in nothing more than a diaper because it stains horribly.  It didn't seem to bother you any though ;)




I guessed you were dreaming of the Thriller music video.  Grandma said she saw a future piano player in the making.


















I think Grandma might have been right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment